Friday, February 24, 2012

ANNE CAVANAGH.... A multi-faceted talent!!



This post is to draw attention to my new friend, Anne Cavanagh.
Anne is going to be my 'partner' in an art exhibit which is coming in mid-March at our local hospital.

The hospital designates one hall to feature local artists which is called, 'The Art and Healing' hall. There is the potential for a lot of exposure and should Anne or myself sell anything, a portion will go to the hospital foundation.

Long before meeting Anne, I had admired her work. She is multi-talented, but I especially love her graphite drawings the best. Someday I'll commission her to draw my grandchildren. Anne teaches drawing lessons and enjoys that aspect of her art, as well. When you visit her website, you will agree she's a great teacher based on the student art sampling she displays.

I have Anne's permission to draw from her website in order to do justice to her art and her passion. I hope you appreciate her work as much as I.

Here is Anne's bio, in her own words....
Anne Cavanagh is a Peterborough-area portrait artist who creates black and white drawings in a realistic style.
Anne especially loves drawing children and is inspired by their genuineness. “Children are totally involved with life, they have nothing to hide, they are so curious – that’s what I find so compelling,” she says. She often uses her young son as a model, observing his exploration of the world and how he is amused by the smallest things. Her sensitivity and talent in capturing the essence of childhood moments has now evolved into a business where she specializes in children’s portraits.

The primary medium of Anne’s artwork is graphite, which she uses to create her detailed drawings. She also likes to experiment with untraditional materials, such as dried grasses and beeswax, by adding them to her drawings.
Anne studied art throughout high school as well as in the United States, France and England. At the post-secondary level, she combined her love of art and science by obtaining her BA in Pre-medical Illustration. Recently, her work has won two awards at the Buckhorn Fine Art Festival in 2006: the People’s Choice Award and First Place, Open Class

These are just three of my favourites, but there are many more I love as well!

















Her commissioned work would be such a special gift for a mother, grandmother,friend, daughter, son or someone very close to your heart. I hope this gives you a great gift idea for someone you know and love.
Here is Anne's website for you to contact her:

www.annesstudio.com

Both myself and Anne are quite excited about our joint collaboration. Each of us feels gratified when our art speaks to someone's heart and moves the person on some level.
Thank you Anne for teaming up with me...it's been such a pleasure getting to know you and I believe it's just the beginning of a warm friendship.

1 comment:

Meg Mitchell said...

Good luck to you and Anne on your joint show. You are both very talented ladies.