Friday, February 17, 2012

'BRINGING IN THE SUNSHINE' - KAWARTHA ARTIST GALLERY AND STUDIO SHOW

Although this show opened on Sunday, February 5th, it will run until Thursday of the coming week. I have been in a few shows put on by the Kawartha Artist Gallery and Studio(KAGS). I've decided to begin featuring each show I enter in from here on out.
This show has some outstanding artists! The majority of this show is painters, a few photographers, and a couple of mixed media pieces. There are a number of phenomenal artists in this show, so I am listing their names and will include a few samples of different artist's work at the Gallery.
Personally, I was honoured by one of my pieces being picked for the poster, the flyer and a bookmark KAGS does for each show presented.

Some members participate is almost every show. Some prefer to select definite ones to perform and attend. I am one of the latter.
This area of Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Port Hope, Trent Hills Region have some phenomenal artist to feature. Here is a list of the artist's that participated in 'Bringing in the Sunshine'. If you google any of these names, you can get info on the artist himself/herself and go from there, if interested.

Jaan Teng, Nancy Simmons Smith, Linda Paterson, Kim Tucker
Lisa Masters,Tom Young, Cathy Rowland,Sue Cowan, Angela McCumber,Judi Waymark, Elaine Goselin, Nan Sidler, Marilyn Simpson, Elli Urquhart, Vera Penrose, Susan Sydney, Gail Hawkins, Bobby Rowland Paterson, Daphne Molson, Linda McFadden, Bob Lockie, Sharon Taylor, Margaret Tough, Krista Quellette and, of course, myself.

Here is a sampling of just some of the fantastic work submitted for this show!






This is a non-profit gallery so each artist that sells a piece(s) at these shows keeps all the revenue.
On Sunday, February 26th, a new show will begin strictly for photographers. This show will be called 'Transitions' At the moment, I'm trying to decide which pieces to enter. I now have my canvases in hand for the Peterborough Hospital Foundation Exhibit beginning in mid-March. I may put a couple of those pieces in the 'Transitions' show. If I could sell a couple, it would help defray the costs for the hospital show. Hmmm, decision to make!

No comments: