Friday, January 27, 2012

FESTIVAL OF TREES........NOVEMBER, 2011


This is an event our city has held for 21 years. The purpose is to raise funds for health services in our city. In 2010, $210,000 was raised. As yet, the figures for 2011 haven't been published. In the past, it has been held at one location. In 2011, however, they decided it was time to try something different. So, they called it 'City Sidewalks' and almost all the events were held in the downtown core. Most of the shop owners participated and many of the events were held at a local upscale nightlife spot, called 'The Venue'. It was indeed different and feedback was both positve and negative about the changes.I've had the privilege of designing, donating and decorating a tree which is offered up for sale, auctioned or raffled off. I have done this for the past four years. Along with the funds raised, many people enjoy some or all of the events that take place over most of a week. Last year, it was held the last week of November. Here is the link to see what it was all about..

www.pfot.org

I just love coming up with new ideas for the tree I do. This year was no different. I decided on a white tree with orange, rust and crystals to add impact. For the event, the venue is dimly lit, so the lights and decor from the trees really pops. As each year has passed, the Festival of Trees committee tell me they look forward to seeing what I come up with and say they aren't disappointed. Fortunately, each year my tree sells fairly quickly..whew! Here is my tree for 2011!

1 comment:

Meg Mitchell said...

What a beautiful happy tree. It's so nice to look back at our holiday fun. Just took my wreath down on my door ... guess we try to hang on to Christmas as long as we can.