Saturday, December 19, 2009

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN.........

I must admit that I'm not quite as enthusiastic about Christmas this year, and yet I really am OK with that feeling.
I am taking the time to really understand what Christmas is and how commercial it's become. It's BIG business!
There is a new Christian singing group called 'Go Fish' and they have a song that's been listened to millions of times on 'YouTube' called 'It's called 'Christmas'. I really love the words of the song and the beat is so great as well. Take a listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAckfn8yiAQ

If I were more technically gifted I could figure out how to post the actual video on my blog..........not happening, today!.

I haven't put up a tree this year for a few reasons. We aren't doing any entertaining this year, and no family are coming home. We still have the old style artificial tree that requires one to string on the lights...yuk! I've been looking for a pre-lit tree at a price I'm willing to pay, but no luck as yet. Who knew, there were so many things to consider when purchasing a pre-lit!.. how many tips, how many lights, what type of lights, etc. etc.

Personally, I have ALWAYS preferred a real tree, but by the time we'd get one picked out, set up in a proper stand safely. my husband and I weren't speaking to each other. It kind of took away from the whole happy tradiiton. I will admit, it's much easier to put up and take down a 'fake' tree. Also, if you have wee children or animals a 'fake' tree doesn't present quite so many issues. Don't you just love the smell of a fresh Christmas tree, though?

I'm SO calm about Christmas this year. I have no baking done, other than the fruitcake, I still need to clean my house, and maybe put up a few more decorations and yet if I don't get it done........oh, well. I think I'll now go back to reading the book I'm into at the moment.

No comments: