Wednesday, December 16, 2009

NINE DAYS LEFT.........

Well, I've given up trying to get the stocking made for my grandaughter before they leave for their Christmas vacation. Although I feel badly that I can't get it finished in time, it's not quite so bad considering she's only two and really won't understand.
I was tracking the parcel's I sent to each of the grandkids for Christmas and discovered each should receive them by tomorrow. Whew! At least that's going to happen!
I had also sent a small package to each of my daughter's but when I tried to track them today, they appear to be 'lost'. I called Canada Post today and they have now set each shipment up as a 'case' to be looked into and will follow up with me. Fortunately, the way I shipped them, they are insured and if they've actually disappeared I'll at least get my money back. That doesn't help with my gesture of love to send something a little bit special to my girls. The simple fact is I can't do anything about it.
Many things I've learned this year, but especially the fact there's SO much out of my control. I'm working very, very hard on 'letting go' of those things out of my control and focusing on what I can control. The bottom line is that the only control I have is over me....period... full stop. It's beginning to sink in and moving forward I will continue to do the work needed to make me happy. There very well may be some people disappointed in the 'new me' I'm working on.
Today, I finally got everything cooked and made that I promised to take to my brother and sister-in-laws on Christmas day. That's another thing off my list.
I purchased just a few stocking stuffers for my husband and need to get them wrapped and that's all my gifts looked after for this year.
I was hoping to get a bit of Christmas baking done, but we'll see. Since we're not doing any entertaining this year for Christmas or New Year's, I had just planned to put some plates together for my neighbours. If it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world. I may just have each of them for dinner early in the new year.
I must admit, I'll be glad to see the end of 2009. Overall, for me personally, not a particularly good year.
I don't plan on making any New Year's resolutions, but I DO plan on evaluating what I need to do for me next year. At 62 years old, I've finally decided to make me the priority.
I feel spread to thin and will definitely be dropping some of the things I've been doing and focus on only a few.
I have been doing a tremendous amount of soul searching and will write myself a 'bucket list' and then begin trying to achieve the things on my list.

For my blog followers, I want to wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and all good wishes for 2010!

No comments: