Sunday, April 18, 2010

RUNAWAY TRAIN.................

Do you ever feel like you're on a runaway train! At the moment, that's me!
I have SO much that must get done and SO much I'd like to get done, I'm feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

I need to get my craft room reorganized as it's completely out of control. People who know me, know I don't function very well in chaos. My craft room is in chaos. I'm working on new decoupage plates so there's paint, glass plates, etc. etc. all over my work surface. I'm trying to go through photographs to do a collage for my niece to present to her at a bridal shower I'm planning for her in May, I have to get some photos framed to place in a shop downtown, I have decorative items for glass blocks that need to be put in the appropriate boxes and so on and so on! Crazy!

I'm trying to market my photography to various restaurants, etc. to hang and sell on consignment. I'm really hoping to get more exposure locally, but I'm also struggling with learning how to use the social networking sites. Two teams of Trent University students have written social networking marketing plans for me. They did an amazing job! Now, all I have to do is figure out how to actually implement their plans. I get frustrated that technology gets the better of me. Being a hands-on learner doesn't bode well when you have to rely written instructions.

I'm involved in a 12 person arts project for Artsweek in September which entails meetings, writing, photography and some design.

It's also the time of year to begin cleaning up all the gardens on our property and we have many. That's a one week job, for sure. Windows need washing as well, which usually falls on me, as my husband is afraid of heights.

Hmmmm, I don't handle time as well now compared to when I was younger. For some things, it takes me longer to accomplish than it should.

I'm always amazed when I actually get everything done and wonder to myself why I got so uptight at the list of things to do. I am getting better at sorting 'must do's' from 'want to's.

Well, back on that train!

No comments: