Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My EXCELlent friend............


I haven't posted too much as one of my best friends has come to visit me from New Brunswick. I don't think I have another friend in the world that I laugh so much with and can be 100% myself....what a blessing. My friend says the same about me.
My play on words is because she spent an entire day helping set up an inventory system and catalogue system on Excel spreadsheets for all my photography, my plates and then set me up a system whereby I can control and track what I have where on consignment. She knows Excel inside and out and then there's me...not one lick do I know about Excel...Thanks to my terrific friend for all the help! Gosh I wish she lived closer! It's when she's here and we're together that I realize how much I miss her! I forget about all the stuff going on in my life when she's around and we can just have so much fun. We are very different people, but have so much respect for each other and can be 100% honest with each other about everything. I love her for that!It's amazing to me, how many people say they are honest and want you to be honest, but they aren't and they don't. Sooner or later, lack of honesty comes back to bite you.

Today I finally got all my framed pictures into the Keene Tea Room and also put approximately forty matted and packaged photos and some plates in on consignment. I also framed one particular picture of a Tea Pot House I photographed while out west and gave it to the owner as a 'Congrats and best wishes' gift to say 'thanks'. She was SO happy and touched. We will now test the waters and see how well the sales go over the summer....fingers crossed.
It kind of sucks that tomorrow is the last day my friend is here and I have to spend most of the day prepping for a test at the hospital on Wednesday. We will make the most of it no matter what. We both hate saying goodbye as we never know when we'll get together again...so sad :(

No comments: