Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MY FAVOURITE ETSY SHOP.....# 3 .... TIDDLYWINKS!




My third feature in this series is focused on children. Having an almost five year old grandson and an almost two year old grandaughter, I'm always on the look out for cute things to buy them. They are children who lack for nothing, but 'Grammie' likes to find something 'special' for them once in a while and also for birthday and Christmas. This artists work certainly fills the bill. These are cute, cuddly, and quaint and provide a gift that is special in so many ways.

You really must go take a look at her shop!

www.tiddlywinks.etsy.com

In her own words, here is her 'profile' for you to understand her passion for what she makes.

I am 30 years old, happily married for 7 years now, with 3 kids! A 8 year old son, 5 year old daughter and an almost 4 year old daughter, and 3 crazy kitties.

I have been sewing since I can remember. It's big in my family. Everyone sews, knits or quilts. Always have. I learned it early and it's just a part of me now. Imagine my suprise and delight when I found Etsy. I thought...hey I can do that!

The best part of all of this is the thought that little toys I've made are sitting all over the world being played with by all different children. I've sold dolls to places I've never even heard of! And EVERY single sale feels like my first one, I haven't gotten over that yet.

I strive to make sure everyone leaves happy, and wants to come back. If you are unhappy with your encounter here at tiddlywinks PLEASE let me know, and I will do everything in my power to make it right by you!

If you are curious about me and my little family, or you'd like to see all the dolls I've created, not just the ones available to Etsy please feel free to peek at my Flickr album at http://flickr.com/photos/hilliardpics/ It's updated very regularly, and I love visitors.

No comments: