Thursday, August 13, 2009

STILETTO HEIGHTS.........My favourite artist # 2




Well, I'm about to present to you another one of my favourite artists on Etsy.
Her name is Jennifer and her creative ability produces such enchanting, colourful, nostalgic acknowlegement of women in particular. Although she does other pieces that are also beautiful, I personally love her 'women'.

You MUST go take a look at her Etsy shop!

www.stilettoheights.etsy.com


In her own words, here is the profile of this talented, interesting artist:

I (Jennifer Gordon)am a writer and mixed media artist originally from Manchester NH, about 45 minutes north of Boston. I graduated from the acting program at the New Hampshire Institute of Art, it was there that I got the chance to work as an artist model as well as work with the innovative professional theater- New Art Theatre.

It was during my years at the Institute that I fell in love with art in all of its forms.

After five years of regional professional theater I decided to express myself in other mediums as well, finally stumbling on the combination of writing and art.

I decided to go back to school and study English and Art History at the University of New Hampshire while working as an assistant gallery director at the Art 3 Gallery in New Hampshire.

After several years I decided to move to Columbus Ohio, to be close to the love of my life ($700 cell phone bills just seemed like a waste).

My mixed media art creations are another form of storytelling- my love for antique letters led me to an exploration of the hidden stories of letters of the past.

My work has been shown in several galleries in the New England area, such as the Carney Gallery and Art 3 as well as being sold throughout the Midwest at trade shows.

My art has also been seen on the cover of the indi book "Johnnie Zombie" as well as the literary journal "The Poet's Touchstone".

Mixed media collage art created by someone who is far more Kate Hepburn than Audrey Hepburn.

No comments: