Thursday, October 15, 2009

JUST FOR THE KIDS.......FAVOURITE ETSY SHOP # 7




I feel like a 'chicken with it's head off' these days. I have SO much still to do for the three day Christmas Craft Show I'm doing locally November 6,7 & 8th. It's called 'The Hand of Man' and has been an annual event in Peterborough for years and years.
I'm also trying to get ready for a 60th birthday party to be held at my home this Saturday for one of my cousins.
Having said all that, I really wanted to take the time to feature my next favourite Etsy artist. She has a great love of children and her art shows how important they are to her and she offers some wonderfully original works for kids. Go take a look at her shop!

www.bfkforkids.etsy.com


I'm including her profile and then she was kind enough to answer a few curious questions I had about her and her art......here goes!

I am a mother of three married living in OHIO. I am also a registered nurse at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital. I have been doing children’s artwork for about 10 years. Until recently, I’ve mostly done custom work. I am also involved in a children’s charity that I donate artwork for church carnivals, artwork and displays, as well as custom children’s wall murals. My artwork is all about the children! I do this because I love it! It brings me so much joy creating items that make children smile!

These are some questions I was curious about…….
How did you get started and why?
I have been painting for years. I have had many people ask me to make things for them. I have always done it, free of charge. Thought I’d dabble in selling a little.

What is your favourite piece you’ve made so far and why?
I love my treasure chest. Thats my personal favorite of all the things I’ve made so far.

Tell me more about the charity you’re involved with?
The charity is called COLOR YOUR CORNER. It’s a children’s charity that raises money to redecorate children’s rooms for children with highly complex medical needs. The goal is to help make their living space as fun as possible less focus on the medical. I donate a piece every year and make pieces for the charity when requested.

What is your long term goal?
I am going through a lot in my life right now, I love to paint for fun, earning a little money is just a bonus really. I love children and I love making items for them.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
I have three beautiful children of my own, and I work at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital in Cleveland and work with so many children everyday. They are my inspiration!

I was featured on "Thats Life.." which is a local TV show in the Cleveland area back in August.

I wish you well for now and the
future and thank you for allowing this feature.....bkforkids.....think about Christmas and your kids or grandkids!

1 comment:

Mary said...

These are such cute things! Great feature and a wonderful shop!