Friday, October 2, 2009

SO FAR SO GOOD!.................AND FUN TOO!

I've been in Princeton, New Jersey since Tuesday and my daughter and her husband left for a few days vacation yesterday. This is the first time they have left their daughter. She will be two years old on Tuesday, Oct. 6th.
Since I live so far away, I was a little bit apprehensive as to how she would be with me.....so far so good!
She is one of the happiest, friendliest,most bubbly little girls I've known. She gets the 'friendly' gene from her Grammie and her Mommy. We both love getting to know people and she waves to people, she blows kisses, she is just generally a sweet, happy, outgoing little person. I'm SO enjoying my time with her.
I'm planning on doing some fun stuff with her over the weekend. We will go to the park, take some long walks, make bubbles, play in the yard and oh yes, what all 'women' like to do which is shop.
She LOVES her bath and is really good about going down for the night. She has a definite routine and is usually always in bed by 7pm - 7:30 pm. Last night, I gave her a bath and put her down and she was fine even though Mommy and Daddy weren't there to say 'Goodnight'. I smiled a lot as I listened to her sing and talk to herself through the monitor..so cute!
She is at her daycare school today as my daughter wanted to keep her routine that she's used to through the week.
The tough part for me is getting up so early...definitely not used to that!
It's actually great for me as I'm able to get some time to work on my glass blocks and plates as I try to get ready for a Christmas show in early November.
Today, however, a good friend of mine that just got married the end of August is coming to visit and have lunch. She lives in West Chester, PA which is only about two hours away. I haven't seen her for over a year, so I'm really looking forward to seeing her and seeing her wedding pics.

No comments: