Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SANTA'S ELVES...I COULD HAVE USED A COUPLE!!!



Well, I've finally come up for air. Yesterday, I finally finished the last of the glass blocks I'm doing for our local 'Hand of Man' show that's taking place November 6, 7 and 8th. It is one of the oldest Christmas art and gift sales in this area. This is my first year, so needless to say I'm both anxious and apprehensive. It has taken me two weeks in between the normal things I had going on, but I did it! I made 70 glass blocks and still hope to make another 5 plates besides the ones I already have made...we'll see. I've posted a picture of just a few the the blocks so you get and idea of what I've been up to. I could have used a few elves myself!
We have had the 60th birthday party here for my cousin. My brother, sister-in-law and ourselves took my Dad out to dinner for his 90th birthday. We attended a benefit blues concert for our local 'Angels of Flight'. We attended my best friends 60th birthday party which was catered and entertainment to boot! Wonderful!
I got over 250 bulbs planted and will be rewarded next spring. I took in all the solar lights, garden decor, etc.
I've also committed to do another Christmas show in Streetsville on November 21st. I was invited by a teacher who saw my work on Etsy. Kind of cool!
I've had a few conversations with my daughters and of course, my grandkids and that is always SO enjoyable. We won't be celebrating Christmas together this year which will seem weird. This will be the first Christmas we won't be together as a complete family. As the grandkids get older it's a bit more difficult but we will make the best of it, I'm sure.
I'm back to my walking which I've missed and today I got my regular flu shot. Unfortunately, the clinic won't be getting any H1N1 now, so we have to go stand in the lines in town and wait our turn....darn it!
Tomorrow, I have family breakfast, a couple of medical appointments and some shopping to do. I've managed to get a few stocking stuffers for my grandchildren but want to get a few more. We, as a family, all agreed no gifts this year. We will get a few bits for the kids stockings but that's it! None of us NEED anything and in these times we all agreed not to purchase for the sake of purchasing.
We(my husband and myself) may give a bit of money instead to the charity my cousin's family set up for the children of Haiti. There is such great need down there. The charity is called 'Seeds of Hope Ministries'.If anyone would like to know more or
would like to help please visit the website at:

www.seedsofhopeministries.ca

Our Festival of Trees is November as well, but I'm ready for that one.
This is a special time of year for all the artists around the world to showcase some of their work and I'd like to wish ALL best wishes and good luck!

No comments: