Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BACK IN THE GROOVE.....!

Well, I've lost some workout time due to the flu bug that got me. It took me a few days to get back enough strength to get back at it.
I met with my trainer today to go over a complete routine that I can do while I travel. I'm leaving Friday to go visit my youngest daughter, her husband, and my sweet little grandaughter (two and a half years old).
All of the workout routines use either the ball, the mat and hand weights. Along with those, she's added quite a few core exercises and stretches. It's my core area that REALLY needs the work. Based on my first attempts today, I have a long, long way to go before I'll lose my gut. OMG, these core exercises are very tough for me at the moment. Lynda(my trainer) says I'll get better and will build up my time holding each movement....whew!
I'm thinking it's a really good thing that I set a one year goal. I believe it may very well take me the year. I'm trying different eating routines to see if anything helps me begin to lose a bit of weight. What's that expression...' If at first you don't succeed try, try again'.

No comments: