Monday, March 1, 2010

O CANADA!........WITH PRIDE!! A GREAT OLYMPICS!






Well, the Olympic Games of 2010 are now over! As a proud Canadian I, for one, think Vancouver did a wonderful job as the host nation. I'm sure there will be criticisms and compliments both, but I believe Canada managed to show the world what makes us unique. Then there's the medals. Canada has had their best Olympics ever. It has taken this country quite some time to provide financial backing to help these athletes. Both the government and the corporate sector who stepped up to the plate this time need not sit back. Continued support is critical to these athletes to focus on 2014.
On a personal note, these Olympics gave us some pride as well. My sister-in-law was the first ever female head official for the curling portion of these Olympics. I can't think of anyone more deserving to be the first. We saw her quite a few times on TV. She is an amazing person and her knowledge of the game and the calm demeanour she consistently has, make her one person I admire immensely. I look forward to speaking with her and hearing all the personal stories I'm sure she will have to share. Her birthday is tomorrow and I'm sure all she will want is to be in her own home, her own bed and just plain rest and relax. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a very special woman in my life!

No comments: