Saturday, March 27, 2010

HOME AGAIN....BRIEFLY!

Well, I arrived home from Princeton, New Jersey on Wednesday. Unfortunately, by the time I got here, I'd picked up a bug and felt really crappy. Thursday, went to the day clinic to discover I had a flu bug. What sucks about that is I had received the H1N1 shot and this year's flu shot. Apparently, whatever I have didn't get factored into the flu shot for this year. So, I'm now on antibiotics and actually starting to feel much better. I'm still coughing and sound like a bullfrog, but do feel much better. I hope this is over as I have plans to go to North Carolina this Thursday.

My time spent in Princeton was great! Any time I get to spend with my daughter, my son-in-law and my grandaughter is really special for me. The plan was me to arrive on Friday, March 12th and my daughter and her husband to take off on the Sunday for a few days by themselves and I'd look after my little munchkin for three days. Mother Nature had other plans. I arrived on the Friday to heavy rain and by the Saturday night part of their house was flooded and we had no power. We spent a lot of the Saturday bailing water out of their basement. With no power, the sump pump didn't work and the house was getting colder and colder. The 'kids' made a decision to cancel their trip and try to reschedule for later in the week, which they did. Sadly, for them, they didn't get to leave until the Tuesday and arrived back on the Thursday, but did get a bit of time alone. I believe a backup battery for the sump pump is now on their priority purchase list. The Sunday night, we actually had to go to a hotel as it was just too cold at the house.

Meanwhile, Maggie and I had a whole lot of fun together. Unless this little one isn't feeling well, she is, without a doubt, one of the happiest little one's I've ever seen. The weather turned beautiful and we did walks, we coloured, we drew on the driveway with sidewalk chalk, we went shopping, and just had some general 'silly' time together. She is growing SO fast and when you only see them a few times a year in person, the moments together are really special. She is my little 'sweet pea'.







We took Mags to 'Little Gym'. I got to watch her have so much fun! She really loves that time! Then, my daughter and I got to spend the whole afternoon together in Manhattan and that was so great! We spent a lot of time talking about our family, her career, her hopes and dreams, my hopes and dreams, and just getting caught up. The one on one time really meant a lot to me. I'm SO proud of both my daughters! I'm looking forward to the same with my oldest daughter in the coming week.

On the last Saturday, an added bonus was our family friend from England arrived to spend two weeks with my daughter and her family.

Life, on the whole, is good, really good!

No comments: