Thursday, May 13, 2010

BUSY, BUT FUN WEEK..

It's been quite a busy week so far, and the balance of the week is even busier!
Monday, I met with my trainer and went through the new program she's written for me to try a new strategy. My new workout for the weights, etc. is focused on core and aerobics. The good news was I finally lost 2 lbs. and a little over 1% BMI....FINALLY! It's nothing to jump up and down about after four months of working out, but it's moving in the right direction.

Tuesday, I was up at 5:30am to get ready for a Chamber of Commerce breakfast. Immediately afterward sat with my family for our weekly 'family' breakfast. There was a lot of running around to do afterward. I needed to purchase things for the bridal shower I'm having for my niece this Saturday. I also tried to get a bit more gardening done. I'm no where near finished, but slow and steady will be the game.

Wednesday, I spent most of the day cleaning and reorganizing my craft room. Boy! did it need it!!! It's not ideal, but certainly better than it was so, I'm happy.
Wednesday afternoon, my cousin held a tea for two of my aunts. One turned 92 years of age and one turned 83 years old within a week of each other. It was really lovely!
They get so tickled with the attention and the little gifts we present to them. We treasure any and all moments we spend with them. Sadly, my 83 year old is suffering from Alzheimers and somedays are good and some not so good! What a cruel disease!


One of my aunt's grandaughter's has taken up a new career of cake decorating. She is really, really great at it! Here's the cake she made for the two aunties....amazing!



Today, I went to the other family breakfast for my Mom's side of the family. I again, had last minute things to pick up for that as well. I orderd handmade truffles as a hand out to each of the guests. The girl did a wonderful job! Each truffle was put in it's own little box and tied up with a lovely pink ribbon...so cute!

Tomorrow, I go for a manicure and pedicure and then have to pick up the balloons. I'll come home to get a dinner ready that can be reheated later in the day. Why you ask? Well, our good friend, Shirley is arriving tomorrow from England for two weeks and anyone who has travelled overseas knows flights can be somewhat unpredicatble.I really look forward to her visits. I wonder what kind of 'mischief' we can get into while she's here...hmmmm!

Saturday, of course, is the bridal shower for my niece, Kelly. She's getting married on August 28th, 2010. I hope to post some pictures next week.

Should be a FUN weekend! I just hope the weather cooperates, as it's pouring rain at the moment.

No comments: