Wednesday, July 14, 2010

TOMORROW.....HOPE FOR STRENGTH AND DETERMINATION

Well, tomorrow I will begin to try for the umpteenth time to quit smoking.
I realize there are people out there who sneer at those who smoke and that's their perogative. For me, it's been so much a part of me and it's been the 'crutch' for me. Quite frankly, I'm not sure at this point, what I'll replace it with but I will need to find something.
If it weren't for this stupid 'health' issue that has raised it's ugly head this week, I was not motivated to try at this point. I had actually set a date to try and quit this year, but it's just been moved up.
For me personally, I am usually so stubborn, but have always had a weak spot when it came to quitting smoking. It is and has been, for me, my one true friend. Goodbye, old friend. I hope it's worth it!

2 comments:

Meg Mitchell said...

This has definitely been the summer from he__! Now you have to quit smoking? I know that it will be better for you from a health standpoint but man .... on top of everything else? I know you can do it but you have to replace one bad habit with another. You could chomp on your nails like I do .... one good thing ... saves on manicures and I figure, it lets people know that i'm not perfect!!??
I'll be thinking of you during this "trying" time and soon we will be able to call you "Smokeless Joe"

Anonymous said...

Girl, I just love you, love you style, love your talent, just love ya! Wish me luck on many fronts, OK!
Your photo should arrive real soon!