Thursday, December 18, 2008

TOTALLY lost the day ..........

Most of my day (and my husband's) were lost to a test I needed to have at the hospital. I was told to be there by 10:30 am and the test was to be for 11:30 am. My husband patiently waited and was told I should be done around 12:30 by the time I came out of the recovery area....well, not so. I sat in a hallway until almost 2 pm. and then around 3:30 pm they took me back out to my husband. I asked him to get me a coffee and bagel as I was so thirsty and hungry. As I started to drink and eat, the room started to spin and I knew I was going to faint. My husband got one of the staff and they then took me back again to the recovery area. After more oxygen and some more time, I finally felt ready to go. It was almost 5pm when we got home. I was still not feeling well as I had some discomfort from the procedure and still groggy....slept on and off most of the evening....
I guess that's why I'm sitting here at almost 5 am. wide awake..........oh well, it's over and I await the results which should come back some time next week.

No comments: