Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The end of a tough year..........

To say I'm not happy to see the end of this year would be a lie. We've had many personal health and financial problems this year, not to mention some of our family members that have gone through their own struggles this year.
For me, there were times this year the stress was really overwhelming. For the first time in my life I felt I was dealing with things very poorly and the situations were getting the best of me....gosh, I hate that out of control feeling.
I've had a few times in my life where my personal life and relationships were such that I really did think about just walking away. Fortunately, the responsible, controlling side of me kicked in and I thought better of it.
As I get older, I really do appreciate the intangible more than the tangible.
There is part of me feels guilty knowing there are so, so many people in the world so much worse off. I believe things happen for a reason. What I struggle with are the reasons.
I'm so happy to have two beautiful, intelligent, compassionate daughters and two sons-in-laws that I really do love a lot....AND then there's my two adorable, special grandchildren. The sad side of this equation is that they live so far away and the older I get the harder it is find the energy and finances to drive to see them. I feel this distance certainly has changed our relationships, but I will continue to love them, and appreciate what time we do get.
For those who happen to read my blog, I wish you a very happy, healthy 2009!

No comments: