Friday, November 28, 2008

A crafting day....finally!

With all the nonsense pertaining to settling issues after one's car is totally written off, I finally got word that the settlement cheque will be here on Monday. Unfortunately, we won't. We've looked all over our home town for a replacement vehicle and there is nothing! Soooo, on Monday we have appointments in and around the Toronto area to go look at some used vehicles. On our budget, used is all we can afford and we can only afford one vehicle. It really sucks that I will no longer have my own vehicle, as I feel so much more independent with one I can call mine.. that's not in the cards. We went on AutoTrader.com and have found four minivans that will do OK, assuming they are in good shape. We'll do a CarFax on them, test drive them, etc. etc. and then decide. By the time this is all said and done, we will have lost almost four complete days dealing with all of this...so I sure hope we find something on Monday. I don't like shopping for vehicles, especially when they are used. It's always a bit of a gamble and used car dealers are a pain the butt to deal with for the most part...oops, there I go making generalities again!
I am spending most of today working on some custom plates I have to get done and tying up all the loose ends to outfitting an apartment for my nephew and his daughter. One of my cousins has worked so hard helping with all of this. In fact, I couldn't have done all of this without the major, major contribution she has made. A definite angel here on earth!
I am SO far behind in terms of getting ready for Christmas! I am usually so organized and usually have almost everything done by this time.... NOT THIS YEAR!!!!
Oh well, I'm so physically and mentally tired at the moment, that I've resigned myself to the fact everything may not likely be the way I usually like it. As I stated before in one of my posts, 'it is what it is'.

No comments: