Saturday, January 10, 2009

Housecleaning..............yuk!

I am and have always been a fanatic about my house and making sure it's clean and tidy! Having said that, I must say that since I've been sick with this cold since just after Christmas, my poor house has taken a back seat to being a bit of a slug and just wanting to lay down and/or sleep. I have absolutely no energy.
I love how my house looks and smells after I've done the cleaning, but it never stays that way for very long.
It used to be that ironing was on the top of my list of things I hated most to do...NOT anymore! I guess since I'm almost 62 years old, lugging around a canister vacuum is now my most hated chore! It is so exhausting! I wish I had central vac but even then people say moving the hose to the various outlets is tiring as well. It's just the whole process I hate anymore and for the first time in my life, I actually procrastinate when it comes time to do this particular chore.
It's such an unappreciated part of life....housecleaning. People never notice when it's clean, only when it's disorganized and messy...why is that?
I know one thing for sure! If and when I ever win a lottery, one of the first things I'd do is hire a cleaning service....that is ultimate luxury to me!
I MUST get at it this week though! We have company coming and my husband's woodturning group are here for a meeting this week. Oh, well!

No comments: