Friday, January 30, 2009

Getting things done........

Firstly, I am finally getting some household help from my husband. We've had many discussions but finally came to an agreement that he will do the laundry and the vacuuming most of the time and I will do the rest...with options to renegotiate in the future. I felt I just can't do it all anymore. I'm having some health issues that are hindering my usual energy levels and it makes it more difficult and certainly more frustrating to deal with a lot of days when the fatigue is just overwhelming. I am grateful for the help. We could talk about how I do things vs. how he does things, but at this point in my life, I have to back off a bit from my Type A personality.... I'm just so happy he will begin helping out.
I have the venue locked in for the Christmas Tea and Gift Sale and just need to make the deposit in the next week.
I now have a mutual agreement with my hairstylist to do her wedding photography with times, price arranged. We will sit down together with her fiance some time in the spring to pick some of the shots she might like to get.
I'm starting to edit clothes closets and when my husband goes away for a week I intend to tackle many other obscure areas of the house. I hate, hate when stuff starts to pile up. With limited space, it drives me crazy to see space taken up by stuff we haven't used in at least two years or longer.....it will be gone. I am definitely NOT a pack rat.
I've made a new set up to take Etsy photos so will try it out tomorrow and then get my new plates posted on 'Maggiemags'. Unfortunately, one I made has had some sort of chemical reaction and have to destroy it and start again....weird things happen some time.
I want to mention two particular Etsy shops that went above and beyond helping me the other night until the wee hours of the morning. I wanted to started posting ads on certain blogs but one of the unfortunate results of my hard drive issue is I lost my Microsoft Digital Image software. When I went to resize my banner for ad space I quickly realized I couldn't...I asked in the Etsy forums if anyone could help me and these two individuals not only made suggestions agreed to try and do it for me and send it to me. I've ended up using one shops idea and am so grateful. Both of these deserving shops are worth taking a look at...wonderful work! PLEASE, PLEASE GO VISIT
www.vintagebuttonsplus.etsy.com AND www.soov.etsy.com........very special people! I picked a great piece of work from vintagebuttonsplus.....thank you, thank you and bless you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found this and wanted to thank you so much for the shout out. I remember doing an avatar for you that I still have on my hard drive. lol!

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention Maggie, what a surprise to find that today ... I've made free banners, avatars, etc for several etsy members and you are only the second person to say thanks.... Deb from VintageButtonsPlus.etsy.com