Friday, August 1, 2008

The start of a crazy busy weekend!!

Well, my husband and I have spent most of today getting food prepared for the 'Meet and Greet' start of our family reunion tonight. A lot of my local aunts and cousins are also preparing food for tonight. There's some entertainment, music, games and stories that will make up the evening. This is the first one ever for my Mom's side of the family. Sadly, not everyone still alive can attend but there will be about 88 adults and children there tonight. I have never met about one third of those coming so it should be both interesting and enjoyable. We have a bunch of door prizes to give away as well. The 'committee' actually decided to spend some of the money allocated for prizes to purchase a couple of my plates and some of my husband's woodworking objects.
I made a special plate and donated with my grandparents wedding photo and now my aunts said they want to order their own after this event is over....yeah!
Gosh, I'm already tired and there's all day tomorrow and all day Sunday yet to go...Whew!

No comments: