Sunday, June 8, 2008

Husband....not so good...

Well, since my last post, my husband got very ill after the first food they gave him and things have gotten progressively worse for him. He's developed an infection and worse yet has developed blood clots in his lungs....not good at all! He almost died from this same problem two years ago after a liver resection. On top of this, the hospital he's in now is shutting down tomorrow and moving all patients to the new hospital. My husband's lungs and breathing are so bad that they are going to move him to the new hospital via ambulance even though it's only across the parking lot. Today, was his 'pity party' day. He was very, very down mentally and was worried about all the extra work put on me, worried about money an paying bills, worried about anything and everything. He said he wasn't sure how many more times he could go through this and I said as many times as it takes. We still have a lot of living to do and we have two beautiful daughters, two wonderful sons-in-laws and two amazingly lovable, precious grandchildren. By the time I left, his spirits had perked up a bit. I can't go see him tomorrow until after 5 PM when they've moved all the patients and have them settled in. The up side is at least the new hospital is air conditioned and they have much better monitors and equipment. They are planning on a full torso CT Scan later on in the day. They hope that will tell them what's gone wrong and how many blood clots he has. They started giving him a drug today that helps break up blood clots. I know tomorrow will be difficult for him.
On an upside, my bathroom will be fully functional by tomorrow afternoon....yeah..can finally have a shower in my own home.

No comments: