Monday, February 23, 2009

FIRST INSPIRATION FEATURE...


This is my first attempt at this so we can hope I don't mess it up.....

I began by asking my blog followers who was or is their inspiration and why. The first is jneale3.etsy.com. Here is what he had to say....AND please go visit his shop!

I'm inspired by my mother, Zelda, and my grandmother, Rupie. They have been there to encourage me my whole life. My grandmother (I call her "Ma Ma") has been legally blind since well before I was born. She can see, but her eyesight tested out to something like 20/8,000 a few years ago. She loves bright colors and interesting shapes, and she appreciates anything which is useful in her home. She lives with my mother in Burleson, Texas, and their home is slowly becoming a showcase for things I have built.

My main inspiration, however, is from my son, Trevor, and my wife, Debra. They are here for me every day, as I am here for them. We may argue from time-to-time, but we always have each other's best interests at heart. My wife thought she didn't have a creative bone in her body before we met. Now I go to her and to my son for that critical opinion that lets me know if I'm onto something good with a new design or if I need to rethink the project before proceeding. I can't imagine what the last several years would have been like without both of them in my life.
--
Namasté,
Jay Neale III
jn3 Hand Crafted Woodworks
http://jneale3.etsy.com/
http://jn3woodworks.blogspot.com/
http://www.designstyleguide.net/sellerPortfolio.php?mi=138)

There is another photo of his wife and son, but for some reason I can't get the post to accept two photos...hmmm, darn it. There, I'm having another 'technical issue'. Sorry! I'll keep trying...

3 comments:

Jay Neale III said...

You'll figure it out. Also, you can add links to the page by simply highlighting the desired text and then clinking the little chain icon at the top of the editing window. You'll get a popup that will let you enter the URL. For instance, if you mention someone's shop you can link the name of the shop to the shop itself. Or if you mention someone else's blog you can link the name of the blog to the actual blog.

This stuff is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Anonymous said...

OK, if you say so! I'm so eager to learn all this stuff, but my fear and trepidation take over!
I thank you for these instructions though and once I have a day clear I'll play with these techniques. The next three or four days for me are CRAZY!!!

Jay Neale III said...

I know the feeling. I'm going to First Monday Trade Days in Weatherford, Texas. We'll be there Friday and Saturday. I've never done this before.

And you can read all about the days leading up to this event on my blog right now (http://jn3woodworks.blogspot.com/), and I'll be posting a follow-up report with photos Sunday or Monday.

Let me know if you get the photos to post.