Tuesday, May 5, 2009

CINCO DE MAYO..........


My first and only experience with Mexico and the Mexican people, I can honestly say it has been one of the absolute highlights of my life! In 2005, I spent one month in San Miguel, Mexico and would go back in a heartbeat. There are times when I think I could actually live there! The people have so little and yet are so happy and SO hospitable! The children are probably some of the happiest little people ever! They laugh and play with very little and are so genuinely enthusiastic!
I've included one of the hundreds of photos I took while there. This was one of three festivals held in the town square while I was there.
I will say, however, that the Mexican food that was original wasn't all that tasty...it's actually fairly bland and very little colour on one's plate...
San Miguel has quite a few ex-pats from both Canada and the United States so there are some excellent restaurants there and the culture and the arts are just amazing. I think one of the things I loved most, beside the people, was their love of colour. I'm sure all the colour used helps boost them mentally....just beautiful.

No comments: