Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A NEW OPPORTUNITY!.....

There is a new 'Tea Room' opening in our village within the next two weeks. Yesterday when I walked down to pick up our mail, I noticed the new owner heading in to the building. I stopped and introduced myself and welcomed her to the village and said many of our residents were SO anxious for her to open. We used to have a 'tea room' and then it closed and has been empty for some time. When I was a child this 'Tea Room' was a treat we got once a month and the food was amazing!
The person opening this 'Tea Room' is a former employee of the original owners and they are still involved in helping her get up and running.
I asked if she would consider letting me put some of my decoupage plates and my photography in on consignment and she was totally receptive to the idea. I'm so excited but now have a lot of work to matte and frame some of her photography choices to hang on the walls and she'd also like some just matted and put in cellophane envelopes. I guess I know what I'll be doing for the rest of this week. This could be a great opportunity as we get a lot of tourists in this village through the summer. Fingers crossed....for her and for me!

No comments: