Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

To all the mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!
For me, it's always a day that I'd like to skip over. My daughters don't live close and as the years go by, we know we love each other deeply, but the distance between us causes distance between us. We don't really see each other very often at all. They have their own lives to live and I have mine and although we talk every couple of weeks, it's not the same.
I really have no idea anymore what their daily lives are like and vice versa. I am REALLY lucky if I get to see them two or three times a year.
Somewhere in my head, I thought I'd be able to spend more time with them, but it hasn't worked out that way.
I'm not sure what time we'll get together this year. I'm starting up this new business and it will be taking more and more of my time. Both girls have told me to go for it and make a life for myself. So, I'm taking their advice and at least making an attempt. This business will be an uphill battle and could become all consuming shortly. This is a huge commitment and I've failed at things before and really don't plan on failing this time.
I also lost my mother five years ago so there's a void there as well when it comes to this day.
It's almost midnight and the day will be over...whew!
I did speak to both of my daughters tonight briefly and will have to be content with that but it's just not the same as having them close by.

No comments: