Monday, April 13, 2009

INSPIRATION # 8 - ART SHARK DESIGNS........


I love, love this artists work! It has such a simplicity and yet, the visual impact is just so amazing!

Please go visit her shop and see many more beautiful pieces like the one featured here....... her shop is www.artsharkdesigns.etsy.com

My inspiration for these prints began when my sister moved home from spending a year in London, and she missed the city terribly. I wanted to make her something that would remind her of the happy memories she had of London. Then on a rainy day, I saw a couple walking down the street with red umbrellas, and I thought, what goes better with England than cheery red umbrellas? So the gold London print was born. The next print I made was Paris Love, which I made for my husband, with whom I shared our first kiss on top of the Eiffel Tower 11 years ago on a high school trip. It then struck me that many other couples had these kinds of experiences, and might like something to commemorate them just like my husband and sister did. I hear so many happy stories about why people buy them: for weddings, to remember honeymoons, engagements, anniversaries, as a reminder of a city where they fell in love, or just a city they love. I'm a romantic at heart, so hearing these stories is what motivates me to continue creating the City Love series.


Thank you, Megan...

No comments: