Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

I'm getting SO upset! I've been walking one hour per day for 5 - 6 days every week for almost 7 weeks and I've gained between 10 -12 pounds. Again I say, "What's up with that?" Frustrating, to say the least. I haven't felt 100% well for over a year now and the medical professionals still can't figure out why not. They agree there is something wrong, but after about 7 different tests and procedures I don't know anymore than I did over a year ago. I do not feel deathly ill, I just don't feel well. I keep plowing through the fatigue for the most part, but there are days that's more difficult than others. Up until the last while, I was one of those people that went non-stop and had energy to burn. Not now!
For now I just handle each day as it comes.
Today, I spent almost the entire day, except for my one hour walk, baking for my artists brunch on May 9th. I made four different kinds of scones, two different kinds of muffins and mini banana loaves. Other than making and freezing some mini quiches which I'll make on the weekend, everything else has to be done the night before the brunch.
I have an appointment after family breakfast tomorrow with a woman who may be interested in teaming up with me for event planning. She's been in business for almost ten years and her business provides all the props, equipment, and decor for events. Her major focus is weddings but we feel we may be able to help each other out. We'll see how it goes.
I've been working on and off all week, trying to figure out and set my pricing in order to do quotes...not an easy task!
I used an Etsy shop owner that I've used before to set up and cut a decal for my car. We got that sorted out today and she will ship it out to me within the next day or two. She lives in the USA and the last time I ordered from her, it took 8 days to get here.
I also designed and printed a few letterhead as I want to start in the next week or so (once pricing is fixed) to send letters to all the major companies here to let them know they now have an event planner locally, rather than going to Toronto, Apparently, this was the case prior. Of course, one never quits networking, networking. I'm very aware that to do this right, I need to take the proper time needed and not rush it. What is the saying," You only get one chance to make a first impression"!

No comments: