Friday, January 1, 2010

CHANGE........SIMPLE WORD....NOT SO EASY TO DO

As I've stated in previous posts, this has been a very challenging year for me on different levels, but especially emotionally. I do not wish to replay this past year, for sure!
I need to make some changes in my life and am struggling with the best way to go about these changes. I've decided that my major focus will be me.
I'm praying about this and developing a strategy to make 2010 a much better year.
One decision I've made is to shut down the event planning business. I did not devote the time needed to it and if I'd done better research, I would have realized that most events in this city are handled on a volunteer basis mostly.
Another decision is to really work on my photography and spend the proper time needed to bring in some decent income. I'm not sure what's happened to me at this stage in my life, but photography has DEFINITELY become my absolute passion! I'm squirreling money away in order to afford a really awesome SLR camera with a couple of major lenses. My goal is to own one before the summer.
Then there's the physical me. On Monday, I'm taking out a membership to our Wellness Centre and also plan on signing up for either the Zumba classes or the Hip Hop classes. That should be cute! I'll probably be in with a bunch of twenty or thirty year olds. I don't care. I want to get back to a size 8 or 10. Well, that's certainly not going to happen unless I'm prepared to put in the time and the work. My goal is to be there before 2010 ends.
I am SO happy I've moved back to my hometown area. Finally, I'm in a place where I have tremedous tangible support and wonderful, wonderful emotional support. Moving around with my husband's job, I never had much of that.
Well, I refuse to call them New Year's resolutions, but will work on moving in a positive direction for me.
The only other thing I need to do is find a part-time job to get rid of some debt. At 62 years old, we'll see what happens. My cousin got a job cleaning the theatres from 11pm to 4am. I'm going to ask him to keep me in my mind if there's another opening. Being the night owl I am, it's probably a good fit for me.
This may be selfish, but I really NEED this change.
I'm so shocked at how quickly one's life can take a major turn....
Finally, Happy New Year to all and a wish for a definite Happier New Year for me!

No comments: