Monday, January 4, 2010

OUT OF SHAPE OR WHAT???

Well, this was my first day making use of my new Wellness Centre membership. I arrived and picked up my membership card (needed every visit), got my tour of the facilities, and an explanation of what was included and what would cost extra.
Once that was done, I had quite a bit of time until my Zumba class, so decided to walk for an hour on the indoor track. One of the trainers told me that 10 times around the track was equivalent to 1 KM. and 16 times around the track was equivalent to 1 mile. I did a little over the mile. I took a break to sit and have a drink, but still had time to wait for class. I then did 15 minutes on the eliptical machine(at lowest setting) and 15 minutes on the treadmill (lowest setting). Took another break and was time to begin the Zumba class. Oh my gosh, it is way, way harder than it looks. The instructor is very pleasant, but she tried to teach us at least 40 dance moves in the first session! I would have preferred to have it segmented over the next two or three weeks...guess not! I was so confused at times and by the time the hour was up, I was already feeling sore....can't wait to see what I feel like by morning.
Tomorrow is the restart of family breakfasts. I then have a couple of errands and will try to accomplish a few tasks.
I begin the night job cleaning the theatre from 11:30 PM until around 4:30 AM on Wednesday. I won't be going to any of the family breakfasts on Thursday mornings when I have to work the overnight...oh well, I need the money more.
Can I just tell you how I ache just sitting here! Pitiful! The pain just tells me I'm overdue for some conditioning physically and mentally! On my way!

No comments: