Saturday, May 31, 2008

Surgery done!..

Yeah, had my throat surgery yesterday and it went fairly well. I can talk ( probably some out there wishing I couldn't ) but my throat is very, very sore. They removed all of the cyst ( about the size of a quarter ) and the doctor assures me it won't come back. It will take a couple of days for my throat to start feeling normal again....an excuse to be a kid again and eat popsicles, etc.
I was actually encouraged to eat anything I'd normally eat. My whole body is very achy today. I thought I might go to the hospital to see my husband, but don't think I'm up to it. It probably isn't a good idea to risk picking up an infection. Sad commentary when you're afraid to walk into a hospital for risk of an infection. At the moment, I'm more worried about my husband. He's been in since Tuesday early am. and he's not doing well. I called the hospital this morning and insisted a doctor call me to try and get some resolution to this. I'm thinking surgery to unblock his bowel is essential now. If it's left much longer, there's risk he will go toxic and that would definitely not be good. I may not be able to get to the hospital but I can be his advocate via phone at least....
I'm not much of a worrier, but in this case I'm now officially getting worried...
He's fought so many health battles and won but this one may be his new fight to win.

No comments: