Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Election is over......thank goodness!

I tell you what, you put in a VERY LONG day when you work at an election. We got there for 8 am and didn't leave the polling station until 11:20 pm...then my husband still had to drive the sealed ballot box into the main polling station. We were both so exhausted. It was made more difficult by the fact that I've had this brutal cough for two weeks and having some breathing problems. I was so tired, but was awake on and off all night. Finally, around 4:30 am I got to sleep and didn't wake up until 10:30 am. At that point, there was a phone call and it was from a girl who I was suppose to meet for coffee and discuss some opportunities I should look at in the way of work. Guess what? I TOTALLY forgot. That is so unusual for me but I did forget all about the appointment. I feel so bad! She was doing this to help me as she has an amazing network here in the area and she was so willing to share information to try and help me find a job.
I called the medical centre and she ordered a chest xray and hopes to have some results tomorrow. My fear is this stupid thing hasn't developed into pneumonia.
My husband is leaving for North Carolina this coming weekend and I had planned to go and spend the days he was at the conference with my daughter, son-in-law and my 'little man'...I'm so sad that I haven't seen him in person since March.
I now have to get working on the final details for the Christmas Tea and Gift Sale my cousins and I are holding on November 8th. We have added new vendors as well this year for the sale.
I hope it goes well. I'm not sure if we'll do it again at this point. I think we'll wait and see how successful this Christmas sale ends up.
I am getting ready to set up a new Etsy shop just for my photography. I think it may draw more people to both shops if I separate out the two. I think my existing shop is too 'busy' and confuses people. My new shop name is 'Maggie's Studio' but to access it once it's up and running you search under' MaggiesStudio.etsy.com.'

No comments: