Monday, October 13, 2008

Whew, I'm worn out..............but a good day!

Well, our Thanksgiving dinner was a big success on many levels. The turkey was cooked to perfection and the veggie contributions by others were awesome and then we ended up having over 10 different desserts. One of the women makes the most wonderful homemade buns, two make the best butter tarts ever, my sister-in-law made two new desserts and they were so, so good! I made a Dutch apple pie, we had pumpkin pie and pumpkin tarts, and on and on.
The weather was perfect so the kids could go outside. I have balls they can toss around and I always have bottles of bubbles for them to have fun with.
The day ended with some great conversation and a real big highlight for me was I sold one of my fall theme glass blocks to one of my cousins relatives on the other side of her family. Terrific!
I have to buckle down tonight and read this boring manual so I at least half way know what the heck I'm doing at the polling station and election tomorrow. OMG, wish me luck. It's a long 16 hour day. I made and packed two different lunches for my husband and I and got the coffee pot, etc. ready to take. I will DEFINITELY need lots of coffee!
I'm starting to feel a bit better and coughing a little less, however, when I take a coughing fit, I swear I sound like a bull moose in heat!

No comments: