Sunday, October 5, 2008

She's One Year Old.......tomorrow.


It's so hard to believe that my little grandaughter (my namesake) is one year old tomorrow. I wish I could be there. I think her parents are having a little party for her today. I just love her to pieces!
It's funny to me that my daughter has bought her such girlie stuff. My daughter never liked too much 'foo foo' stuff as she calls it....and yet, for this little one she's bought a tutu from an Etsy shop for her birthday party and buys her quite a few 'girlie' things...something she said she'd never do...
How can you not love that little face?
It's my brother's birthday today and we're meeting with him tomorrow to celebrate. His wife is barbequing lamb and making him his favourite cake...
I'm starting to feel a little bit better, but my rib cage is so sore from so much coughing. I'm on cough medicine with codeine and anti-biotics and it's still beat the crap out of me.
My husband is away all day today doing demonstrations at our 'Pioneer Village' on woodturning so I get to create all day in my shop/studio. In between, I'll nap!
I went out for the first time in over four days yesterday and it wore me out. I had to go vote at the advance polls as both my husband and I are working at the elections on October 14th. It was SO hard to decide who to vote for but it sure wasn't going to be for Harper, our current Prime Minister...personally, I think they all lose sight of why they are there and rarely do what they say they are going to do.

No comments: