Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy and Sad ...all in the same day...


I woke up this morning and for the first time in two weeks I was feeling better overall. I'm still coughing a fair amount but that foggy, crappy feeling for the most part is over...
My husband and I had a few errands and paid some bills and I continued to feel better so made the decision to go to North Carolina with my husband. I'm so excited about that for many reasons. I can tell you that I miss my daughter's so much and although I'm so proud and happy for them I miss them very much. I also miss the opportunity to spend more time with my grandchildren. I don't want them living next door to me, but, gosh it sure would be nice if it were just an hour or so apart. Oh well, it's never going to happen so I'll just appreciate the time we do get together. Being rich would help, but that won't likely happen either....one can hope and dream though.
On an extremely sad note, my sister-in-law called a couple of hours ago to say my brother was leaving for work and as he was pulling out of their driveway, he saw their cat laying dead in the road...omg, she was crying, I was crying and I know my brother must be having such a rough time at work...he LOVED, LOVED that cat. That cat was usually so good about crossing the road, but this time some idiot was probably going around the curve of the road so fast and hit him. My brother had to pick him up and because he had to be at work, he put him in his workshop and will bury him tomorrow when he gets home. I really loved that cat as well and quite often took treats to him when I went visit. SO SAD! Goodbye, Frankie! You sure will be missed....

No comments: