Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I need a fairy godmother..........

to wave her wand and help me get rid of this darn cold/flu....it's a week today I got sick. I'm finally over the worst of it, but boy, do I feel beat up! I coughed non stop last night for over 45 minutes.......irritating or what? It's a catch-22 situation..I take the prescription cough med with codeine and it slows down the coughing but then all I want to do is sleep. I don't take the medicine, all I do is cough and cough and cough.
I did go to family breakfast today and then was suppose to go out to the Shriner's Club to pace off how many vendors we have room for, but got there and it was shut up tight....hmmm, I wonder why I made an appointment! Our cousin Christmas Tea and Craft Sale is in four weeks and still lots to do.
I finally got my hair cut today and even doing that helped me feel a bit better. Isn't it weird how lousy you feel when your hair is out of control? I keep it incredibly short and sort of spikey and I don't colour it. I figure I've earned every grey hair I have, and besides that, I'm too cheap to spend the money. Right now I don't even get manicures or pedicures anymore. I used to get that done about once a month. We have to cut back our expenses as many ways as possible.
I still haven't found a job. Who says there is no age discrimination! I believe there is indeed. You can't even get people to talk to you in person to sell yourself ... oh, no, everything is handled via the internet and email anymore. I spent three hours the other day trying to apply for a position on their online website, getting incredibly frustrated. I'd fill it all in and go to send and it would delete it all. I called the company the next morning only to find out there is a glitch in their software. Meanwhile, they had no problems wasting three hours of my time!
Tonight, I'm going to just take a bit of time for me and try (operative word is try) to get a decent nights sleep.
I have some photography I have to get done of the new plates and glass blocks I've made for the holiday season, but it won't be tonight..TOO TIRED!

2 comments:

kimforbeads said...

I wish I had a fairy godmother, I would have her get rid of your cold, and everyone one else I know that is sick. I wish you the best, get some sleep & drink plenty of water. Oh that is the mom in me, sorry. lol
Best wishes,
Kim

Marg Hamilton said...

Thanks, Kim....all good wishes gratefully received!