Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The 'saga' continues..........

My husband finally had an IV that was working beautifully and then yesterday afternoon we get a call from our 'angel' saying there was a screw up of where my husband's daily bloodwork reports had been going. After a lot of confusion, it was discovered that now he had too much Vancomycin in his system and it was causing his kidneys to shut down. The result of that was an immediate stop to the IV and drug and now has special daily bloodwork being done until Friday to see if they can get his body to turn around. What happens now is anyone's guess! It just gets more weird and more frustating each day....
I took him to the Medical Centre this morning for this new bloodwork and then drove two hours west of Toronto to visit with one of my best friends who is in the area visiting her niece and her new baby. I haven't seen her in over a year and miss her terribly at times. She is one of those friends I can be exactly who I am and we make each other laugh a lot...god knows I could use a few laughs at the moment...we had a great day!
Tomorrow its back to the clinic for more bloodwork for my husband and that may determine how the rest of the day goes.
There is so much to do and so much I 'd like to do but we take it one day at a time at the moment.
I finished my sister-in-laws projects and took them to her yesterday and she really, really liked them so I was pleased about that. I really want to get back to my plates and need to get started on some Christmas ones as well....do you believe it's time to start thinking about that sort of thing if you want to have enough inventory to sell for the holidays....
I'm very tired tonight and think this will be an early night for me. I'm usually such a nighthawk so this is unusual for me to even think about going to bed this early.......

No comments: