Friday, July 25, 2008

Two outings in one week........yeah!

Today was a day to just putter around doing some things on my 'To Do' list. I cleaned out both my washer and dryer inside and out. I still need to take the hoses off and clean/ blow them out.
I took some more plate photos as I still wasn't happy with some of them...maybe tomorrow I'll substitute the new ones on my Etsy shop.
GREAT NEWS! I sold one of my photographs today from my Etsy shop....very cool! That gives me the encouragement to keep it up..not that I was about to give up but, it helps to know people like some of my work enough to spend their hard earned money on a piece or pieces.
My second outing of the week was with our neighbours. A while back my neighbour was quite ill so I cooked some meals and did some baking to help her husband and sons out a bit as she couldn't get out of bed. In appreciation, they had given us a gift certificate to a local restaurant...so, we invited them along to help us spend it...and we did. Have you ever noticed that people seem to talk a lot more and have some pretty great conversations over meals eaten out. There's something about not having to do any of the work that you can spend real time just enjoying each other's company.
My husband and I eat out so rarely that it really is a big treat.
If I were ever lucky enough to win a lottery, that's one change I'd make in my life. I'd try a new restaurant at least once a week. I LOVE to cook, but also love eating food made by really great chefs. I'd also spend some of that lottery money and go to one of those famous cooking schools either here or abroad...hmmm, France maybe???
Gosh, isn't it fun to dream!

No comments: